IPL hair removal is the way to go if you want to eliminate your razor, tweezers, and hair removal products for good by summer 2023. The permanent hair removal treatment IPL has been used for many years since it is effective and safe.
Meanwhile, we'd like to address some of the most frequently asked questions we receive about the long-term consequences of IPL hair removal and any concerns you may have about the potential for side effects and the general safety of IPL treatments. Then keep reading to learn more.
Can the hair be permanently removed with IPL?
There are two possible states for hair: shedding and resting. IPL treatment has no effect on it as a result. Permanent hair removal is not achievable with IPL because the intense pulsed light beam does not reach all of the hairs in the treatment region, as it does with more powerful laser devices. White or very blond hair contains almost no pigment, making treatment extremely challenging, if not impossible.
Continual therapy cycles are the only way to guarantee long-term success in weight loss. This means your hair will likely grow back after a set amount of time, and you must repeat the operation. The procedures should be performed often, but how often depends on your individual skin and hair type. It varies from person to person since hormones play a role in its production and regulation. This shows that IPL treatments do not permanently remove unwanted hair.
One or two strands may return. Complete hair regrowth is a possibility, but it's doubtful. How well your hair tolerates IPL treatment depends on its composition and how often you treat it. IPL is not a panacea for permanently eradicating all of your skin's hair. It's also possible for hair to grow in with a short, stumpy profile.
Most regrown hair is thinner and less dense than the original. Permanent hair loss is impossible, but IPL hair removal can provide an 80%–90% reduction in hair growth. Because it removes hair from a larger surface area in less time, IPL remains the most cost-effective and convenient procedure. In addition to being easy and quick to do, treatment can be done during a busy day.
Is it safe to remove hair with IPL?
IPL hair removal has a high safety profile when carried out by a qualified professional or under the supervision of a doctor. There are, however, hazards associated with this treatment that you should be aware of.
Skin irritation, redness, and pigmentation changes are possible side effects of IPL hair removal. In most circumstances, these adverse effects are manageable and short-lived. IPL hair removal has been linked to uncommon instances of burns and scars.
If you choose a qualified technician or doctor with experience with IPL hair removal, you may be less likely to have harmful side effects. They should meet with you and scrutinize your skin to decide if IPL hair removal is safe and effective. The best outcomes and least harm can be achieved if they additionally give pre- and post-treatment advice.
Avoid tanning beds and hair removal methods like waxing or plucking the treatment area for at least two weeks before undergoing IPL hair removal. It's vital to follow the post-treatment advice the technician or doctor gives, such as staying out of the sun.
Is IPL the best option for you?
IPL hair removal is a great choice for people who want to get rid of unwanted hair for good. Here are some reasons why IPL may be the best option for you:
- Long-lasting results: IPL hair removal can provide stable hair reduction, with some patients seeing up to an 80% reduction in hair growth after multiple sessions. While it's not entirely permanent, it can significantly reduce the need for other hair removal methods.
- Less painful than other methods: Compared to waxing or epilating, IPL hair removal is less painful and more comfortable. While some patients may experience mild discomfort during the treatment, it's generally less painful than other hair removal methods.
- More effective than other methods: IPL hair removal is more effective than other hair removals methods, such as shaving or depilatory creams. It targets the hair follicle with light energy, damaging it and inhibiting its ability to regrow hair.
- Versatile: IPL hair removal can be used on various areas, including the legs, bikini area, underarms, and face. This makes it a versatile option for removing hair from multiple body areas.
- Safe when done by a licensed technician: While there are some risks associated with IPL hair removal, it's generally considered safe when done by a licensed technician or under the guidance of a medical professional. Choosing a reputable technician and following pre- and post-treatment instructions is essential to minimize the risk of side effects.
IPL hair removal is generally safe, but it is still crucial to pick a reputable practitioner and follow all pre- and post-treatment instructions. It's also critical to remember that certain people's skin and hair aren't good candidates for IPL hair removal.
In conclusion, IPL hair removal is a safe and effective way to remove hair for a long time, even though it is not considered a permanent solution. When IPL hair removal is done carefully and often, it can have long-lasting effects, allowing patients to finally have smooth, hair-free skin.Want to learn more about doing at-home IPL hair removal? We covered it all for you. Read here.